Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Solids

We started giving Leah rice cereal on January 14th. I really wanted to get to six months of exclusive breastmilk, so I am pretty excited that we succeeded! :) Anyway, we stuck to just the cereal for the first week, and she seemed to get it, so we moved on to squash.

The look on her face was priceless. It looked like she was thinking, "What the heck?" However, squash seemed to grow on her, and we moved on to broccoli.

Broccoli is how I learned I am a fail in the kitchen. We got a Magic Bullet for a wedding present (2 and a half years ago). I have never used it. My husband prepares all the meals. So I thought, "Hey, how hard can this be?"

I steamed some broccoli and threw it in there. It wasn't working. Ugh, what am I doing wrong? After awhile, I realized...there should probably be some liquid in here. Yeah, I'm dumb. You need liquid to make a puree. So I put in some water and thinned it out. It worked! Yay! I later learned most people actually use formula or breastmilk. Haha. Oops. Having a child apparently does not suddenly improve your kitchen skills. Oh, well.

Anyway, I gave her some and she promptly spit it out. Then I realized I forgot to put a bib on the baby. Yeah. I am a baby food fail. Oops. Well, that was fun to clean up.

Since then, the broccoli's grown on her. I also gave her some carrots last night and she seemed to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment